This page lists major conferences and a selection of workshops of WCRP, hence highlighting only a small subset of WCRP-organized meetings. For a full list of events of each WCRP activity or of their joint meetings, kindly consult the relevant sub-pages (e.g., of the individual Core Projects, Grand Challenges, and Lighthouse Activities).
WCRP Open Science Conference
WCRP Open Science Conference 2023
Tentatively March 2023, location to be defined.
- Storying climes of the Himalaya, Andes, and Arctic. 9 - 15 October 2021. Online. In partnership with My Climate Risk Lighthouse Activity (Programme).
- WCRP Workshop on Extremes in Climate Prediction Ensemble (ExCPEns) - Subseasonal, seasonal, annual to decadal, and multi-decadal. 25-27 October 2021, Busan (Korea). Online format.
- Tipping elements, irreversibility, and abrupt change in the Earth system: Amazon. 29 November 2021, Online. 17:00 - 18:30 CET.
- WCRP Sessions at the American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting, 13-17 December 2021, New Orleans, USA.
- Risk KAN Workshop on Understanding and Modeling Complex Risks in Coupled Human-Environment Systems, 8-10 February 2022, Online.
- WCRP International Conference on Regional Sea Level Change and Coastal Impacts. 11-15 July 2022, Singapore.
- 2nd GCOS/WCRP Climate Observation Conference. Postponed to 2022. Online.
WCRP Climate Research Forums
Joint Scientific Committee Sessions
- 42nd Session of the WCRP Joint Scientific Committee. 28 June - 2 July 2021. Online.
- WCRP Extraordinary Session of the Joint Scientific Committee (JSC-41B). 30 November - 3 December 2020. Online.
- 41st Session of the WCRP Joint Scientific Committee. 18-22 May 2020. Online.
- 40th Session of the WCRP Joint Scientific Committee. 6-10 May 2019. Geneva, Switzerland.
- 39th Session of the WCRP Joint Scientific Committee. 16-20 April 2018. Nanjing, China.
- 38th Session of the WCRP Joint Scientific Committee. 3-7 April 2017. Paris, France.
- 37th Session of the WCRP Joint Scientific Committee. 25-27 April 2016. Geneva, Switzerland.
- 36th Session of the WCRP Joint Scientific Committee. 8-10 April 2015. Geneva, Switzerland.
- WCRP-WWRP Symposium on Data Assimilation and Reanalysis, as part of the 2021 ECMWF Annual Seminar on Observations. 13-18 September 2021, Bonn (Germany).
- International Conference on Regional Climate, ICRC-CORDEX 2019. 14-18 October 2019, Beijing, China.
- IV International Conference on El Niño Southern Oscillation: ENSO in a Warmer Climate. 16-18 October 2018, Guayaquil, Ecuador.
- SPARC 2018 General Assembly. 1-5 October 2018, Kyoto, Japan.
- International Conferences on Subseasonal to Decadal Prediction. 17-21 September 2018, NCAR, Boulder, CO, USA.
- 5th International Conference on Reanalysis (ICR5). 13-17 November 2017. Rome, Italy.
- International WCRP/IOC Conference "Regional Sea Level Changes and Coastal Impacts". 10-14 July 2017. New York, NY, USA.
WCRP/IOC Sea Level Conference Statement 2017
- International Symposium on the Cryosphere in a Changing Climate. 13-18 February 2017. Wellington, New Zealand.
- CLIVAR Open Science Conference, “Charting the course for climate and ocean research”. 18-25 September 2016. Qingdao, China.
- CLIVAR Early Career Scientists Symposium. 18, 24-25 September 2016. Qingdao, China.
- International Conference on Regional Climate-CORDEX 2016. 17-20 May 2016. Stockholm, Sweden.
- Climate Symposium 2014. 13-17 October 2014. Darmstadt, Germany.
- WCRP Conference for Latin America and the Caribbean: Developing, linking and applying climate knowledge. 17-21 March 2014. Montevideo, Uruguay.
- International Conference on Regional Climate - CORDEX 2013. 4-7 November 2013. Brussels, Belgium.
- Africa Climate Conference 2013. 15-18 October 2013. Arusha, Tanzania.
- WCRP Open Science Conference: Climate Research in Service to Society. 24-28 October 2011. Denver, CO, USA.
- Explaining and Predicting Earth System Change Lighthouse Activity Workshop on 'Attribution of multi-annual to decadal changes in the climate system'. 22-24 September 2021 (Online).
- Regional climate change projections: Climate change analysis using CORDEX regional climate models over South Asia, 12-14 October and 19-21 October 2020. Online.
- WCRP High-level Science Questions and Flagship Workshop 2020, 24-26 February 2020. Hamburg, Germany.
- Workshop on Correlated Extremes at Columbia University. 28-31 May 2019. New York, USA.
- Workshop on physical modeling supporting a “storyline approach”. 24-26 April 2019. Oslo, Norway.
- CMIP6 Model Analysis Workshop. 25-28 March 2019, Barcelona, Spain.
- WCRP Workshop: The Earth’s Energy Imbalance and its implications (EEI). 13-16 November 2018, Toulouse, France.
- 5th WGNE Workshop on Systematic Errors in Weather and Climate Models. 19-23 June 2017. Montréal, Québec, Canada.
- WCRP/SPARC Workshop: "Challenges for Climate Science - Synergies between SPARC and the WCRP Grand Challenges". 31 October - 1 November 2016. Berlin, Germany
- Model Hierarchies Workshop. 2-4 November 2016. Princeton University, New Jersey, USA.
- Early Career Researchers Workshop 2015 - Earth System Science Frontiers. 28-30 October 2015. Offenbach, Germany.
- Understanding, Modelling, and Predicting Weather and Climate Extremes. 5-7 October 2015. Oslo, Norway.
- Data Requirements to Address the WCRP Grand Challenge on Weather and Climate Extremes. 25-27 February 2015. Sydney, Australia.
- An International Global Drought Information System Workshop: Next Steps. 11-13 December 2014. Pasadena, CA, USA.
- IPCC AR5: Lessons Learnt for Climate Change Research and WCRP. 8-10 September 2014. Bern, Switzerland.
Webinars and Discussion Series
- Discussion Series: Tipping elements, irreversibility, and abrupt change in the Earth system. #1 Introduction - 20 September 2021. Safe Landing Climates Lighthouse Activity, AIMES, Earth Commission.
WCRP Summer Schools
- Summer School at the Institute of Advanced Studies in Climate Extremes and Risk Management. 21 October - 1 November 2019. Nanjing, China.
- The 2nd WCRP Summer School on Climate Model Development, 22-31 January 2018. Cachoeira Paulista, SP, Brazil
- WCRP-JNU Training School on Monsoon Variability in Changing Climate. 16–21 January 2017. Jeju, Republic of Korea.
- WCRP-ICTP 2014 Summer School on Attribution and Prediction of Extremes Events. 21 July - 01 August 2014. Trieste, Italy.
- WCRP Climate Science Week, AGU Fall Meeting, 8-13 December 2019. San Francisco, USA.
- WCRP and WMO provided input to, and were represented at, the UN Secretary General's Climate Action Summit, 23 September 2019, New York, USA
- WCRP at the American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting 2018. 10-14 December 2018, Washington D.C., USA.