Save the date for the 14th WMO Symposium on Meteorological Education and Training, which will take place from 22 to 25 November 2021 online. For more details, click the heading above.
The United in Science 2021 report is a multi-organization compilation of the latest climate science information and gives a unified assessment of the state of our Earth system.
The report was released at a press conference given by WMO Secretary-General Prof. Petteri Taalas, and with a video message from United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres. https://media.un.org/en/asset/k1s/k1s4iw2ryc
The report provides details on:
- Greenhouse Gas Concentrations in the Atmosphere (WMO)
- Global greenhouse gas emissions and budgets (Global Carbon Project)
- Emissions Gap (UN Environment Programme)
- Global Climate in 2017-2021 and 2021-2025 (WMO, UK Met Office)
- Highlights of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Sixth Assessment Report – the Physical Science basis
- Sea level rise and coastal impacts (World Climate Research Programme)
- Heatwaves, wildfires and air pollution (World Health Organization/WMO)
The second Ocean Decade Laboratory will be held from 15 to 17 September 2021 and will offer valuable insights and talks around the Ocean Decade Outcome: “A Predicted Ocean”.
The key elements required for the change we need to see targeting a predictable Ocean for our societies over the course of the Decade will be explored. The Core Event and the 31 Satellite Activities will consist of workshops, panel discussions along with interactive lectures.
For more information, visit the event website: https://www.oceandecade-conference.com/en/a-predicted-ocean.html
Register now for a new Discussion Series on tipping elements, irreversibility, and abrupt change in the Earth system. The first discussion will take place on 20 September 2021, 12:00-13:30 CEST.
To find out more and to register, please see the Discussion Series webpage.
The WCRP Academy Lighthouse Activity is seeking an individual or research group to conduct approximately six months of research and analysis into climate science training opportunities across the globe. The deadline for applications is 1 November 2021. To find out more, click the heading above.