The World Climate Research Programme (WCRP) leads the way in addressing frontier scientific questions about the coupled climate system — questions that are too large and too complex to be tackled by a single nation, agency, or scientific discipline. For almost 40 years WCRP has coordinated international climate research to advance our understanding of the climate system and how it is affected by human activities. The decades ahead will bring challenges that can only be addressed through a worldwide coordinated effort, involving co-design and stakeholder engagement conducted by a prepared scientific workforce, to support mitigation strategies and adaptation planning.
As part of our commitment to meet these challenges, we are embarking on a series of regionally-based Climate Research Forums. These Forums will provide a chance to exchange ideas, discuss new activities and opportunities being developed by WCRP, and explore ways that our community of scientists, partner programs, funders and end-users of our climate science can engage. In the longer term, it will contribute to building “a world that uses sound, relevant, and timely climate science to ensure a more resilient present and sustainable future for humankind” (our vision).
The WCRP Climate Research Forums are being held on a regional basis, but everyone is welcome to attend.
Recordings are provided below.
- Southern Asia: Climate research priorities for the next decade. 30 November 2021. 9:00 – 12:30 Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
- South America / América del Sur:
- English: Climate research priorities for the next decade: South America. 8-9 September 2021, 13:30 – 16:00 UTC
- Español: Prioridades de investigación sobre el clima para la próxima década: América del Sur. 8-9 de septiembre de 2021, 13:30 – 16:00 UTC
- Europe and Western Asia - Climate research priorities for the next decade. 9 June 2021.
- Southeast Asia - Climate research priorities for the next decade. 25 May 2021.
- North and Central America, the Caribbean, and Greenland - Climate research priorities for the next decade. 11 May 2021.
- Eastern Asia - Climate research priorities for the next decade. 7 April 2021.
- Oceania - Climate research priorities for the next decade (at the Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society (AMOS) Annual Conference 2021). 10 February 2021.
Last Updated: 02 March 2022