Below you will find a number of vacant positions and opportunities to get involved in WCRP. Note that workshops, conferences, summer schools, and other events are listed on the WCRP events page.
Membership of WCRP Scientific Steering Groups or other WCRP bodies:
Open Call for Membership of the CliC Scientific Steering Group
We seek nominations (including self-nominations) from scientists active in cryosphere-related research, both in the natural and social sciences, including those studying the interaction of ecosystems, fisheries, and communities with one or more cryosphere components. Call open until 31 March 2023. For more details on the nomination process, read more here.
Open call for ESMO Scientific Steering Group membership
This call invites the community to nominate candidates (including self-nomination) to become members of the ESMO Scientific Steering Group (SSG). An extension of the ESMO SSG call is provided to 26 March 2023. For more details on the nomination process, read more here.
- Open Call for Safe Landing Climates Working Groups. Self-nominations by 2 April 2023.
- Climate Training Stocktake Survey 2023
- Position vacant: Director of the Climate and Cryosphere (CliC) International Project Office, University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- Position available: Director of the WCRP RIfS International Project Office.
- Position of CMIP-IPO Technical Officer/Software Engineer
- Open call for CMIP7 Data Access Task Team
- WCRP Internship. December 2022
- Open Call for members of new CMIP7 Task Teams
- Open call for RIfS Scientific Steering Group membership
- Position of CMIP-IPO Science & Communications Officer
- Open call for proposals to host the Earth System Modelling and Observations (ESMO) International Project Office
- WCRP Academy Membership Open Call 2022
- WCRP Joint Scientific Committee Membership Call
- WCRP Internship
- CMIP Community next steps survey
- Open Call for membership of the Explaining and Predicting Earth System Change Lighthouse Activity
- Open call for proposals to host the Regional Information for Society (RIfS) International Project Office
- Open Call for Membership of the My Climate Risk Lighthouse Activity
- Climate Training Stocktake Survey 2021
- Open call for Stratosphere-troposphere Processes And their Role in Climate (SPARC) Scientific Steering Group nominations
- Open call for Safe Landing Climates Lighthouse Working Group Members and Affiliates
- Vacancy: WCRP Academy Education Stakeholder Engagement Consultant
- Call for nominations to the Climate and Cryosphere (CliC) Scientific Steering Group
- Call for self-nominations for a WCRP Academy Co-chair