WCRP is seeking two interns, commencing 1 June 2023 (or at an agreed time up to 1 September 2023) for a period of up to 12 months, in Geneva, Switzerland. The deadline for applications is 11 May 2023.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The intern will perform the following duties:
- Support the production of science communication materials such as newsletters, brochures, and circulars for key WCRP activities (regular newsletters produced, brochures and circulars produced as needed)
- Content production for the WCRP, WCRP Academy, WCRP Open Science Conference websites and the WCRP portion of the WMO website, as well as social media platforms, disseminating news and events (regular news items and social media content produced) in close collaboration with the WMO Strategic Communications Office.
- Assist in providing logistical support to meetings and activities of the WCRP Lighthouse Activities (www.wcrp-climate.org/lha-overview), in particular "The WCRP Academy," "My Climate Risk" and "Safe Landing Climates" (meetings and activities supported)
- Support cross-department communication and outreach activities, including providing WCRP inputs to SI Department briefs, events, and other communications products.
- Any other duties as required.
- BSc or equivalent in environmental sciences, science (natural or social) or communications.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the internship programme
- Experience in writing and editing reports, articles, or other texts (in English) is required
- Proficient knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office and common audio and video software applications
- Experience of working with websites and social media platforms is desirable
- Experience of working with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign is desirable
The intern stipend rate is CHF 1 500 per month for the Geneva Duty Station.