The Climate and Cryosphere (CliC) Project of the World Climate Research Programme (WCRP) is launching an open call for nominations to its Scientific Steering Group (SSG) for the period 2022-2025.
The SSG is the governing body of CliC and has the overall responsibility for planning, and implementing the CliC strategy plan and monitoring its activities. The SSG helps shape the international research agenda and functions as an integrator of activities to avoid duplication of efforts. CliC´s vision for the coming decade is to " facilitate collaborative, international research, and its communication, targeting the global and regional cryosphere (bridging across climate, ecosystems, human society) and their change, from local to regional to global scales, to address societal needs”.
SSG membership is initially for four years with possibility for two extensions of two years each. The CliC SSG meets once a year.
SSG Terms of Reference:
- provide scientific guidance and oversight to CliC community and its activities
- Oversee specific CliC existing activities and launch new ones
- Liaise with other activities within WCRP and with the international cryospheric research community at large, partners, agencies and organisations.
- Engage with Early Career Researchers (ECR) networks (e.g., APECS, YESS, etc)
- Represent the CliC community in academic meetings and events
CliC projects seeks nominations and self-nominations from scientists active in cryosphere-related research, both in the natural and social sciences, including those studying the interaction of e.g., ecosystems, fisheries and communities with the one or more cryosphere components. Candidates from South America, Africa and Asia are particularly encouraged to apply.
- To apply, please fill in the application form. Deadline 31st October 2021
- For inquiries about the position please contact CliC co-chairs Fiammetta Straneo
- For questions about the application form, please contact