WCRP is currently inviting self-nominations from highly enthusiastic and dedicated experts for membership of the following groups:
- WCRP Data Advisory Council (WDAC)
- WCRP Modeling Advisory Council (WMAC)
- Working Group on Coupled Modeling (WGCM)
- Working Group on Subseasonal to Interdecadal Prediction (WGSIP)
- Working Group on Numerical Experimentation (WGNE)
- CORDEX Science Advisory Team (CORDEX-SAT)
- Subseasonal to Seasonal (S2S) Project Steering Group
Please click the heading above to find out more. The deadline for submitting self-nominations is 20 March 2020.
Early career researchers interested in ocean physics can apply to this Ocean Physics Summer School, which will take place from 12-17 July 2020 in Bad Honnef, Germany. For more information and to apply, see the International Science Council website. The deadline for applications is 7 February 2020.
Two training courses will be held back-to-back in Qingdao, China, in July:
- CLIVAR-FIO Joint Summer School on ‘Ocean Macroturbulence and Its Role in Earth’s Climate’ (6 — 11 July 2020)
- UNESCO/IOC-RTRC-ODC Training Course on 'Regional Application of Coupled Climate Models' (13 — 22 July 2020)
Registration closes on 27 March 2020. For more information click the heading above.
WCRP congratulates the 2019 winners of the WCRP/WWRP International Prize for Model Development, Drs Clément Albergel and Baoqiang Xiang, and the WCRP/GCOS International Data Prize, Drs Phu Nguyen and Hamed Ashouri. The prize winners were announced at the WCRP 40th Anniversary Symposium in San Francisco on 8 December 2019. To learn more click the heading above.
The WCRP Climate Science Week took place last week in San Francisco. It included an early career workshop, 40th Anniversary Symposium, Union Session, 4 Town Halls, more than 40 science sessions and an exhibition booth. To find out more about this successful week, click the heading above.