At the seventeenth session of the WMO Commission for Climatology (CCl-17, 2018), it was decided that the group activities of ETCCDI would discontinue. The CCl Expert Team on Sector-specific Climate Indices (ET-SCI) would be responsible for operational aspects of enhancing software tool for sector-specific climate indices.
The WCRP Grand Challenge on Weather and Climate Extremes has integrated much of the research aspects of ETCCDI, global dataset development and detection and attribution. Particular emphasis is being made to ensure contributions to the development of extremes-related climate services.
- Report of the Sub-Group Ad Hoc Meeting Egmond aan Zee, The Netherlands, 10-12 March 2014
- Report of the 4th Session of the Joint CCl/CLIVAR/JCOMM Expert Team on Climate Change Detection and Indices (ETCCDI) Meeting Victoria, Canada, 23-25 February 2011
- Report of the 2nd Session of the Joint CCl/CLIVAR/JCOMM Expert Team on Climate Change Detection and Indices Meeting Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada, 14-16 November 2006
- Report of the 1st Session of the Joint CCl/CLIVAR Expert Team for Climate Change Detection, Monitoring and Indices Meeting University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK, 24-26 November 2003
- Report of the Workshop on Exploring Changes in Temperature and Precipitation Extreme Indices for Indonesia Bogor, Indonesia, 7-11 December 2009
- Report on the Progress meeting for ENSEMBLES-WP5.4 members - Meeting on "Issues of Scaling" - comparing models and observations KNMI, De Bilt, The Netherlands, 13-16 May 2008
- Report of the Workshop on Exploring Changes in South East Asia Temperature and Precipitation Extreme Indices Ha Noi, Viet Nam, 3-7 December 2007