The 42nd Session of the WCRP Joint Scientific Committee will be conducted online using Zoom. Please ensure that you have installed the latest version of Zoom before you join the meeting.
- The WCRP Secretariat will monitor the chat box. If you wish to ask a question you can use the ‘raise hand’ function or you can make a comment or ask a question in the chat box.
- Please make sure that your name in Zoom is your name/project or organization e.g. Ted Shepherd/My Climate Risk or Valentina Rabanal/YESS
- Session chairs and rapporteurs have been nominated to both run and capture the discussion for each Session. To assist the rapporteurs, the Sessions are being recorded and will be made available afterward and a copy of the chat content will be retained as well. Please advise the Chair if you have concerns regarding this.
- Speakers are respectfully asked to limit their presentations to their allocated time.
- Presenters can share their own slides (please send a copy to Wenchao). If you have a technical problem at any time, please say so in the chat or email Wenchao (
- Please mute yourself when not participating in the discussion (and remember to unmute when you start speaking). Please have your video on when you are speaking. The Chair will let you know if we cannot hear you.
Catherine Michaut (
More information can be found here: Zoom guide
Black screen issue
We have some people who need to join Zoom with the browser and we have seen that some of them have an issue where they see a black screen rather than the presentations. Some people have been able to resolve this by changing the browser that they use, but we have not found a universal solution. There is some advice on the Zoom website. We apologize for this technical issue. If possible, please use the application rather than a browser window.
We will be using Zoom provided by the World Meteorological Organization. They have provided the following video on how to use the platform:
If you run into technical problems trying to connect to the meeting, please email
Last Updated: 30 June 2021