November 30 – December 3, 2020
This extraordinary JSC-41B meeting aims to make significant progress towards a “soft” implementation of the new WCRP structure and discuss the implementation of the WCRP Strategic Plan 2019-2028. We will hear back from the WCRP family on progress toward the implementation of the new WCRP, get reports and proposals for changes and new elements and come to conclusions and decisions that will allow the soft implementation of new structures, the respective governance and additional activities required leading up to the JSC-42 meeting at which the implementation will be concluded.
The focus of the meeting will be on the implementation and future elements. Reporting would be limited to results from “homework” assignments.
News: Updated: Extraordinary Session of the WCRP Joint Scientific Committee
Attendance at this virtual JSC-41B is by invitation only.
Instructions for participants
- The agenda is available on the documents page. It will be updated as necessary (check the last upload date).
- A GoToMeeting link and instructions for the Session will be sent out to all participants.
- Presentations and/or reports will be made available in advance of the meeting. Due to the limited meeting time, please make sure you read through the full presentations/reports beforehand. Wenchao (
- During the virtual meeting questions can be submitted via the Chat Box in GoToMeeting. A member of the WCRP Secretariat will moderate the chat and notify the chair as applicable.
- If you have any issues with GoToMeeting please contact Catherine (