Outreach activities are a core aspect of this Grand Challenge. Activities include:
- a sea level-relevant data “clearinghouse”;
- local data recovery and quality control activities (e.g. tide gauge data and meta data);
- establishment of regional action plans with WMO Regional Climate Centers, and in coordination with WCRP efforts to promote and sustain regional sea level activities with developing countries;
- regional workshops with coastal communities in developing countries to foster data sharing and co-production of knowledge, and to encourage local community and government involvement;
- training courses on sea level data management in developing countries, in coordination with the Global Sea Level Observing System (GLOSS);
- participation in the 2016 and 2021 Sea Level Symposia; and
- Summer Schools (every 2 years).