WCRP is seeking an intern, commencing 1 February 2023 (or as soon as possible thereafter) for a period of 12 months, in Geneva, Switzerland. The deadline for applications is 20 Dec 2022.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the production of science communication materials such as newsletters, brochures, and circulars for key WCRP activities (regular newsletters produced, brochures and circulars produced as needed)
- Content production for the WCRP and WCRP portion of the WMO website, as well as social media platforms, disseminating news and events (regular news items and social media content produced)
- Assist in providing logistical support to meetings and activities of the WCRP Lighthouse Activities (www.wcrp-climate.org/lha-overview), including "The WCRP Academy", "Safe Landing Climates" and "My Climate Risk" (meetings and activities supported)
- Support cross-department communication and outreach activities, including providing WCRP inputs to SI Department briefs, events, and other communications products.
- Any other duties as required
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent in environmental sciences, science (natural or social) or communications.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the internship programme
- Proficient knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office and common audio and video software applications
- Experience of working with websites and social media platforms is desirable
- Experience of working with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign is desirable
The intern stipend rate, effective from 01.02.2022, is CHF 1 500 per month for the Geneva Duty Station.
Please apply on the WMO recruitment website
Any questions regarding the role can be directed to