The International CLIVAR Climate Dynamics Panel (CDP) plans to organize workshops annually. The first CDP annual workshop will target our understanding of internal and externally forced variability in the climate system, their interaction on decadal timescales and longer, and the effects of variability on extreme events. We invite submissions on the topic with the aim of tackling the following overarching questions:
- How to isolate the relative contributions of external and internal variability to observed decadal and longer variability?
- How do the various external forcings modulate internal variability？
- Progress in narrowing observational and modeling uncertainties in external and internal variability
- Effects of external and internal variability on extreme events
The workshop will consist of 6 weekly 2-hour sessions from September 12th to October 21st, 2022, including 4 oral sessions, 1 poster session and 1 final panel discussion.
- Abstract submission deadline: June 24, 2022
- Registration deadline: September 1, 2022
- To know more and register, visit the event website
Last Updated: 29 April 2022