The WCRP SPARC Core Project will hold its General Assembly 2018 from 1-5 October in Kyoto, Japan. General Assemblies are an opportunity for SPARC, and in general for researchers working on climate-relevant stratosphere-troposphere processes, to take stock of achievements, to identify gaps and to anticipate future needs.
The SPARC General Assembly 2018 will center around the following six themes:
- Connections of Atmospheric Composition and Chemistry to Weather and Climate
- Climate Prediction from Weeks to Decades
- Role of Atmospheric Dynamics for Climate Variability and Change
- Atmospheric Impacts and Interactions Related to Tropical Processes
- Advances in Observation and Reanalysis Datasets
- SPARC Science for Society
Abstract submission is open until 1 April 2018. Please see the conference abstract submission website for details and instructions.
The SPARC General Assembly 2018 will be held back-to-back with the joint 14th iCACGP Quadrennial Symposium and 15th IGAC Science Conference (25-29 September, Takamatsu, Japan).