- Co-Chairs: Silvina Solman and Daniela Jacob
- Data Request Contact:
- Summary: The Coordinated Regional Downscaling Experiment (CORDEX) is a CMIP6 diagnostic MIP requesting specific CMIP6 output for regional climate downscaling. CORDEX builds on a foundation of previous downscaling intercomparison projects to provide a common framework for downscaling activities around the world. The CORDEX Regional Challenges provide a focus for downscaling research and a basis for making use of CMIP6 global output to produce downscaled projected changes in regional climates, and assess sources of uncertainties in the projections.
- Website: http://www.cordex.org/
- Mailing list for general interest in CORDEX: if you are interested in being involved in CORDEX discussions please email the following mailing list:
- Reference: Gutowski Jr., W. J., Giorgi, F., Timbal, B., Frigon, A., Jacob, D., Kang, H.-S., Raghavan, K., Lee, B., Lennard, C., Nikulin, G., O'Rourke, E., Rixen, M., Solman, S., Stephenson, T., and Tangang, F.: WCRP COordinated Regional Downscaling EXperiment (CORDEX): a diagnostic MIP for CMIP6, Geosci. Model Dev., 9, 4087-4095, doi:10.5194/gmd-9-4087-2016, 2016.