- ETCCDI Work Plan Review Meeting (Paris, France, 6-8 July 2015)
- Fourth Session of the Expert Team on Climate Change Detection and Indices (Victoria, Canada, 23-25 February 2011)
- WCRP-ICTP 2014 Summer school on Attribution and Prediction of Extreme Events (Trieste, Italy, 21 July to 1 August 2014): The First WCRP-ICTP Summer School on Attribution and Prediction of Extreme Events, co-organized by CLIVAR, was a success. The 35 participants, out of 236 applications from several countries, enjoyed two weeks of interactions with lecturers from leading research institutes around the world.
The general goals of ETCCDI workshops include:
- derive indices from daily data, especially measures of changes in extremes;
- fill in blank data areas in "global" analysis of climate indices;
- increase confidence in local analyses by placing these analyses in a larger, regional context that includes results from neighbouring stations and countries;
- increase regional research synergies by sharing insights and improve analyses between neighbouring countries; and
- foster greater appreciation for data and data archeology.