In 2016 the countries that provided additional financial support were:
- Climate and Cryosphere (CliC) IPO - Norwegian Polar Institute, Tromsø, Norway
- International CLIVAR Global Project Office - State Oceanographic Administration First Institute of Oceanography, Qingdao, China
- International CLIVAR Monsoon Project Office - Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune, India
- International GEWEX Project Office - Universities Space Research Association, Washington, DC, USA. Operated by the Science and Technology Corporation and primarily sponsored by the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
- SPARC International Project Office - ETH Zürich, Zürich, Switzerland. Sponsored by the Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology (MeteoSwiss) and the Federal Office for the Environment (BAFU).
- International Project Office for CORDEX - Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute, Norrköping, Sweden.
Map showing WCRP contributions in 2016. Countries that provided national contributions are shown in green. Locations of the WCRP Secretariat and Core Project International Project Offices are marked in yellow.