Second International Conference on Subseasonal to Seasonal Prediction (S2S) and
Second International Conference on Seasonal to Decadal Prediction (S2D)
Guidelines for speakers
The final program with keynote speakers and all oral presentations is available here.
To assure a smooth flow of the sessions, please be in your presentation room well before the start of your talk and importantly stay within your allocated speaking time as session chairs are instructed to keep the sessions on time.
- All talks take place in the Center Green Auditorium and Foothills Lab 2 locations, Monday through Friday.
- Please check the conference program and make sure you know the correct time and location of your talk.
- Presentations will be uploaded electronically by the presenters to a shared google drive. If you are unable to access the shared drive, please bring your presentation on a USB drive to the check-in desk at either location and they can help you load it.
- Speakers for the Monday morning plenary session (scheduled from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm) should upload their slides to the online folder in advance no later than Friday, September 14th at 5:00pm MST.
- Speakers for the Monday PM-Friday sessions should upload their slides to their session online folder the day before their session..
- Naming convention for uploaded pdf file: Presentation Number_Presenter First and Last Name.pdf: A1-01_Gilbert Brunet.pdf. See Conference Program for presentation number. Convert to file to pdf if no animations or transitions in slides. If you do have animations or formatted transitions between slides, please indicate whether it was created on a mac or a pc in the title of your pptx file, so that we can be sure to use the correct device when projecting your slides. For example: A1-01_Gilbert Brunet_PC.pptx or A1-02_Zoltan Toth_MAC.pptx.
- Your slides will be loaded from the shared drive and projected by a designated conference staff member at the designated time in the program. You will be called by the session chair to the podium at the start of the presentation. A remote device with laser pointer will be provided for you to advance slides. Note that speakers will not connect their personal laptops to the projector.
- Acceptable format for presentations: PowerPoint (.ppt) or (.pptx) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
- When reviewing your presentation, make sure all fonts, images, and animations appear as expected and that all audio or video clips are working properly.
- We suggest using fonts no smaller than 20 pts due to the size of the meeting room and legibility of the slides.
- Standard presentation ratio to be used is 4:3 aspect, 1024x768 resolution.
- Length of talks vary: invited talks are 30 minutes, and contributed talks are 15 minutes, inclusive of Q&A and discussion. Therefore, please prepare your talks for 27 and 12 minutes, respectively, allowing 3 minutes for a couple of questions and discussion. Please make sure that you do not exceed the time allocated to you. The time limit will be strictly enforced by the session chairs to keep the program on schedule. You will be notified with a yellow card at 25 and 10 minutes, respectively, when 2 minutes remain and a red card when you must stop your presentation, allowing for the 3-minute Q&A/discussion.
- The conference organizers would like to make all presentations available online on the conference website at the end of the conference. If you allow your slides to be made available online, please provide your talk in a .pdf format with the file size reduced. Your presentation will be converted to a .pdf format if this is not the format provided and this will be posted online. We will post what is preloaded online. If you want something different you must specifically tell us at the check-in desk