CMIP Phase 6 (CMIP6)
- Meehl, G. A., R. Moss, K. E. Taylor, V. Eyring, R. J. Stouffer, S. Bony, and B. Stevens, Climate Model Intercomparison: Preparing for the Next Phase, Eos, Trans. AGU, 95(9), 77, 2014.
Feedback on this initial CMIP6 proposal is being solicited this year from modeling groups and model analysts. Please send comments to CMIP Panel chair, Veronika Eyring (
) by 15 September, 2014. The WGCM and the CMIP Panel will then revise the proposed experiment design, with the intention to finalize it in October, 2014
- See also Proposal for CMP6 Design: Slides - Mai 2014
Applications for CMIP6 Endorsed MIPs
Applications for MIPs to be endorsed for CMIP6 can be sent to the CMIP Panel Chair Veronika Eyring (
). Please use the template for these applications which is available as .doc and .pdf. The CMIP6 Endorsed MIPs can make full use of the ESGF infrastructure. They can propose that part or all of their experiments be included in CMIP6.
- CMIP5 Survey - sent out to representatives of the climate community end of June 2013
- Synthesis of CMIP5 Survey (August 2013) (Presentation by Veronika Eyring and Ron Stouffer at the Workshop ‘Next Generation Climate Change Experiments Needed to Advance Knowledge and for Assessment of CMIP6’, 5 August 2013, Aspen, CO, USA)
- Synthesis of CMIP5 Survey (October 2013) (Presentation by Veronika Eyring and Ron Stouffer at the WGCM 17th Session, 1-3 October 2013, Victoria, Canada)